About the Lung Cancer Program
The Lung Cancer Program at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth (BID Plymouth) provides high-quality care from experienced specialists using the latest equipment and techniques—while remaining close to their homes, work, and support systems.
For patients requiring lung cancer treatment, we offer a multidisciplinary detection and treatment program through our Cancer Services Program. Our patients receive:
- Experienced thoracic care for conditions of the lung, esophagus, pleura, and mediastinum
- Highly personalized care in a convenient location
- Comprehensive treatment options from our multidisciplinary team that includes thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pulmonologists, diagnostic radiologists, nuclear medicine specialists, pathologists, certified oncology nurses and other cancer specialists
This approach provides our patients with:
- Enhanced diagnostic accuracy
- Stage-based treatment, to guide the most appropriate care, based on the location and extent of your cancer
- A broad range of treatment alternatives, including less invasive options, when appropriate
- Customized care
- Personalized service to answer your questions and concerns
Lung Cancer Screening
BID Plymouth was one of the first community hospitals in the country to offer low dose, non-contrast lung CT scans for patients that meet the criteria outlined in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Guidelines.
To be considered you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a history of heavy smoking (30 pack years)
- Smoke now or have quit within the past 15 years
- Are between 55 and 80 years old
Speak with your provider to determine if this screening is right for you. It requires a provider order.