About the Cancer Center at BID Plymouth
The Jordan Hospital Club Cancer Center at BID Plymouth provides complete care for every type of cancer. We offer the full range of community cancer services, from early detection and diagnosis to the latest therapies in medical and radiation oncology, and Phase 3 clinical trials. The Cancer Center was one of only two Massachusetts accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Programs to earn the Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Integration with the Cancer Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) provides Plymouth patients with comprehensive care in their community and direct, rapid access to bone marrow transplant, Cyberknife, robotic surgery, Phase 2 clinical trials and other advanced services.
- Plymouth and Boston doctors hold joint tumor boards to review complicated cases and the latest treatment options.
- Specialized nurses, trained nurse navigators and an oncology social worker help patients and families work through decisions and issues.
- A new TrueBeam linear accelerator in the Radiation Oncology Department allows for the delivery of more powerful cancer treatments with pinpoint accuracy and precision. The TrueBeam system integrates imaging motion management technology within a sophisticated new architecture that makes it possible to deliver treatments more quickly. It gives our radiation oncologists the tools and flexibility to design new treatment options with higher doses and a wider array of energies which results in improved outcomes.
- BID Plymouth has expanded stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) capabilities. We continue to treat unresectable lung tumors along with metastatic cancer. SBRT and SRS allow for shorter course of treatment and greatly minimizes exposure to normal tissue. Additionally, we offer volumetric modulated radiation therapy (VMAT), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) and RapidArc radiotherapy.
- Our Lung Cancer Program includes a dedicated Lung Cancer Tumor Board for collaborative peer review. Other components of the program include the Low Dose CT Lung Screening Program, surgery, medical and radiation oncology including SBRT, and overall lung cancer navigation to provide our community with a robust, comprehensive Lung Cancer Program.
- Our Breast Cancer Program provides coordinated, comprehensive breast cancer care from screening through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship including risk assessment.