About the BirthPlace Maternity Program
The BirthPlace at BID Plymouth is one of the premier maternity programs on the South Shore. We provide exceptional clinical care in a setting that assures safety and comfort for mom, baby, and the entire family. When more urgent care is needed, neonatologists from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) are available at our Continuing Care Nursery.
A Team Dedicated to You and Your Baby
- Board-certified Obstetricians who team with our certified nurse midwives and registered nurses to provide clinically expert care for women with normal and high risk pregnancies
- Birthing options, including TOLAC for women who previously have had c-sections, and water-birth, an option for low-risk mothers seeking an alternative delivery option
- Personal choice in pain management for labor and delivery
- 12 private labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum (LDRP) suites, offering a warm, safe, supportive environment for you, your baby and your family.
- 24/7 in-house anesthesia coverage for laboring and delivering moms
- State-of-the-art operating room within the BirthPlace
- Couplet care, where mom and baby are cared for by the same nurse to assure continuity of care, education and support
- BIDMC Neonatologists on-site for newborns requiring neonatology and/or pediatric care at birth
Monthly Tours of the BirthPlace
COVID-19 UPDATE: For the health and safety of our patients and healthcare team, in-person BirthPlace tours have been temporarily suspended.