About Thoracic Surgery at BID Plymouth
The Division of Thoracic Surgery treats a range of conditions from simple to the most complex. Our surgeons perform procedures at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, and at the BIDMC main campus in Boston.
More complex procedures and those requiring anesthesia are scheduled for the treatment room or operating room at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth.
Our Treatments and Services
We provide the latest treatments for malignant and benign thoracic diseases including:
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal disease (achalasia, GERD) and esophageal cancer
- Mediastinal tumors (thymoma, germ cell tumors, neurogenic tumors)
- Pleural disease
- Chest wall tumors and disorders
- Diaphragm disorders (hernia, paralysis)
- Minimally invasive (VATS) thoracic surgery