Minimally Invasive Sinusitis Treatment
What Are the Benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Safe and effective: While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, studies demonstrate that balloon sinuplasty is safe and effective in relieving symptoms of sinusitis.
- Minimally invasive: The technology uses small, soft, flexible devices introduced entirely through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinuses.
- Reduced bleeding: In many cases, no tissue or bone is removed during surgery using this technology, because of this there may be reduced bleeding. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing may also be eliminated.
- Fast recovery time: While recovery time varies with each patient, some patients have been known to return to normal activities within 24 hours.
- Does not limit treatment options:Balloon sinuplasty is an endoscopic tool and may be used with other medical therapies and/or surgical techniques. It does not limit future treatment options if a patient has progressive disease.