Spider & Varicose Vein Treatment Center
Suffering with spider and varicose veins? You’re not alone. Varicose veins affect one out of two people age 50 and older, and 15-25% of all adults. It is estimated that 20-25% of women and 10-15% of men have or will have varicose veins in their lifetime.
Good news. The Beth Israel Deaconess Vein Center provides expert care and a full range of treatment options for varicose veins, many of which can be eliminated without surgery—safely, quickly and comfortably.
Look & Feel Better with Minimally Invasive Vein Therapy
Just some of the innovative and effective procedures we offer include:
- VNUS Closure®: using local anesthesia, a catheter is placed into the diseased vein, and then heat is used to seal the vein shut.
- Endovenous laser treatment: safe, painless procedure that uses laser energy to eliminate varicose veins at the source.
- Microphlebectomy: removal of varicose veins through incisions as small as the size of a needle tip—allowing patients to get back to their normal activities as quickly as possible.
- Foam sclerotherapy: uses a unique foam solution to eliminate larger veins—without the use of incisions.
- Visual sclerotherapy for spider veins: series of treatments using an extremely small needle to eliminate the underlying sources of abnormal venous pressure responsible for the appearance of spider veins.
Our spider and varicose vein treatment center is one of the few centers south of Boston offering both VNUS Closure and laser procedures—allowing us to tailor treatment to you.
The Center’s vein treatment team is led by Dr. Scott James, a board-certified vascular surgeon. Dr. James performs all spider and varicose vein procedures at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth (BID-Plymouth).
See a Spider and Varicose Vein Specialist
Don’t let painful or confidence-crushing veins impact your quality of life—call us at 508-747-1333 to make your appointment today.