Whether you are already trying to get pregnant, or want to discuss getting pregnant prior to trying, any of our trained providers are happy to see you and your partner for a “preconception visit”.
At this visit, we will give you the tools you need to learn about your body and the science behind the menstrual cycle, ovulation and fertilization. We will take your medical history and help identify and treat any medical or genetic factors that could potentially impact your ability to achieve a healthy pregnancy. We will also evaluate your cycles and help you identify your “fertile window”. We will discuss topics such as lifestyle, nutrition, vitamins and intercourse timing to best maximize your chances of getting pregnant when you are ready to do so.
Below are some tools you can use along with your visit with us to best help you achieve a healthy pregnancy.
• Book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, MPH as well as website: http://www.tcoyf.com
• Smartphone app/website Fertility Friend: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/
• CDC Preconception Materials: http://www.cdc.gov/preconception/showyourlove/ And http://www.cdc.gov/preconception/index.html
• Before and Beyond Preconception: http://beforeandbeyond.org/
• Women’s Health. Gov Resources: https://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/before-you-get-pregnant/preconception-health.html
Written by Kara Govoni, CNM