Click here for all physicians in this department!
What is a Hospitalist?
A hospitalist is a doctor, board certified in the field of internal medicine, who sees patients only at the hospital. This enables them to focus exclusively on you and your illness. Because hospitalists provide care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it is likely that you will see more than one hospitalist during your stay.
What are a Hospitalist’s duties?
- Manage your treatment at the hospital
- Coordinate and consult with specialists
- Closely monitor your progress
- Stay in close contact with you, your family and your doctor
- Be available in case of emergency