Healthy Recipe - Hash Browns
Hash Brown Cups
Break out the muffin tin for a full on-the-go breakfast.
TOTAL TIME: 0:55
YIELD: 12 SERVINGS
1 (20-oz.) pkg refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
4 tbsp. melted butter
? 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
? Kosher salt
? Freshly ground black pepper
? 12 eggs
? 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
? 2 tbsp. chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Combine hash browns, butter, and cheddar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture between muffin tin cups; press down and up the sides with a spoon to create bowls. Bake until browned and crispy, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Turn off heat and drain bacon on a paper towel–lined plate. When the strips are cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon strips into small pieces.
4. Crack an egg into each hash brown cup. Season with salt and pepper. Top with crumbled bacon and chives.
5. Bake until set, about 12 to 15 minutes more. Serve warm.