Health Recipe: Shrimp Stir Fry
Shrimp Mushroom & Asparagus Stir Fry Overflowing with flavor!
2 large cleaned, cut into 1-inch pieces of Portobello mushrooms
1 bunch asparagus spears (cut into 2-inch pieces)
1 tablespoon fresh, minced ginger
2 teaspoons fresh, minced garlic
1 lb. large shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail removed)
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp 100% orange juice
¾ cup dry couscous
½ cup of scallions
¾ cup boiling water
3 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
1. Prepare vegetables: clean the mushrooms by removing and discarding each stem. Use a spoon to scrape the black gills from the underside of each mushroom; discard gills. Slice each mushroom into 1-inch pieces. Snap ends off each asparagus spear and cut into 2-inch pieces. Next, peel and mince the ginger; mince the garlic too.
2. Prepare the shrimp by peeling, deveining, and removing the tails. Prepare the sauce by mixing the 1/3 cup water, sesame oil, soy sauce, and orange juice into a small bowl.
3. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil either in a teapot or in the microwave. Add couscous and scallions into a medium bowl. Stir in the boiling water and top with a lid or cover with foil. Let sit at least 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, warm 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick pan or wok over high heat. Add mushrooms; stir and saute; just briefly, about 2 minutes. Add asparagus; saute, stirring constantly, until mostly tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas, cooking 1 to 2 minutes until warm. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a plate.
5. Warm 2 teaspoons oil again in pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic, stirring constantly and cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp, sautéing constantly until the shrimp are almost fully cooked, about 2 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mixture along with reserved vegetables, quickly stirring together to combine. Remove from heat.
6. Use fork to fluff the couscous. Serve stir-fry over the couscous.